Spinal Treatment

There are various spinal diseases in the world and thus, various therapeutic approaches. Conservative therapies include handed down folk remedies, natural remedies, alternative medicines, oriental remedies, exercise rehabilitation therapies, physical therapy, drug therapy and injection therapy, hundreds of meditative pain therapies and surgical treatments. It is difficult for doctors to decide which diagnosis must be selected under the certain criteria. Another complication is which treatment principles and criteria have to be applied for patient treatment.

About 90% of spinal disc patients become better through the following non-surgical therapies: drug therapy, physical therapy, exercise rehabilitation therapy, chiropody, massage, but the remaining 10% who does not recuperate by using those conservative therapies need surgical intervention.

The key example of non-surgical therapies in Korea is the conservative therapies based on oriental medicine: Chuna medicine, manual therapies, and Motion Style Treatment. These increase the self-healing ability of spine. One hospital which specializes in this oriental treatment published a number of papers with Harvard Medical School in respected scientific journals.

For patients belong to non-effective conservative therapies, alternative option is a minimally invasive spinal disc therapy. Spinal Disc Microtherapy uses a needle or catheter (tube) type of an endoscope for the enlarged illumination for precision with minimum scarring. The scope of minimally invasive spinal disc therapy is not limited to the removal of spinal disc pain and improvement of nerve disability. If a patient has recovered from pain in the legs but still feels discomfort in the waist, they cannot be regarded as fully rehabilitated. Minimally invasive spinal therapy has an ultimate goal to enable spinal patients to participate in physical activities, sports, exercise, sexual life, walking and all daily activities as those of a healthy person. This is why minimally invasive spinal disc therapy tries to preserve spinal bone, waist muscle and disc tissue as much as possible.
That is why even the most advanced medical practitioners from the developed countries frequently come to Korea for surgery.

Members Login

Sign in with Facebook

Featured Hospitals

Follow Us On: